Moving on to Sarajevo!


view of Sarajevo
So this has easily been the absolute craziest week of my entire life….I did not expect anything that happened…So I will explain…

We had a regular morning, did some shopping and emailing, then went out to lunch with the APs to Nokturno. It was quite good! I got Ćevapi as normal. We all went to foodness and I got some Dr. Pepper and Flamin hot cheetos. Yum 🙂 We emailed a bit more then done with P-day stuff. After P-day we went out to the church and taught a lesson to Luka. It was Word of Wisdom. He accepted it completely and said he would throw away his cigarettes right there! It was a miracle! We went back home and thats about it!
The craziness begins….We had our regular studies as normal. Then at about 9:45 we got a call from President Grant. He talked with Elder Frandsen for a minute then told him to put the phone on speaker. Once on speaker he asked if I was listening, then he broke the news….He said within 48 hours I would be down in Sarajevo for an emergency transfer O.o He told me to get to the office fast and talk to Elder Halling. So we did and he gave me a bunch of papers to go deregister at the MUP. We spent a bit at the mup and then had district meeting, where everyone else found out that I was leaving. Sad moment a bit. We all went to Karaka for lunch. Afterwords we had english class which went well, then out to the Amelios one last time. We had a good lesson, but it was super sad to leave them for the last time…
MY LAST DAY IN ZAGREB. We had studies and did an apartment check. We went out and did a bit of last minute souvenir getting, I got a scarf and jersey. We went to lunch at Submarine BBQ and I got to listen to MUSE while I ate my burger 🙂 needless to say, I was happy. Then we went to Cookie Factory with Kristijan for the last time. It was super good to hang out one last time. We had to go do a car exchange at the mission home and then out to the church for a lesson with Luka. Law of Chastity! It went super super well and we said our last goodbyes! We then drove clear out to the airport and picked up Elder Graham. He is a New Zealander who is Elder Frandsens new companion. We spent the rest of the night packing up!
We hurried and finished packing/getting ready. Then drove out to give the APs a phone. We went back to the apartment and made some breakfast burritos. Then out to bring my bags to the office. We walked through the city one last time so I could see everything again. Then the three of us drove out to the airport. We waited a bit, but once it was close, I went through security, and was ALONE. I waited a while alone, then boarded the plane, and flew down to Sarajevo… ALONE. It was the weirdest feeling, plus flying!!! Šta?? We got to the airport and I greeted my new companion….ELDER SHEESLEY. Thats right! We´re back!!! We came back to the apartment, unpacked, then taught english. We spent the rest of the night unpacking. I LOVE THIS CITY.
We spent the whole morning out at the MUP getting me legal to live here. Then we went and ate some real Bosnian Ćevapi. IT WAS HEAVENLY. We went and had to do a Visa medical check and I had to have blood drawn…I dont like it!! We did our weekly planning, then went tracting! I still dont like that so much. But this city is so cool!
Islamic Graveyard
We did studies, then had to go clean the car and get it out to the senior couple. So that was a fun time. We went to lunch at this Bosnian home kitchen. It was super good! Man, food here is amazing and delicious. We contacted for a while. Then went to clean the church. It is a lot smaller than what I am used to. We then went and taught a lesson to someone named Alma. She owns a chess club, and we taught the plan of salvation. Went well!
We did a little studies then off to church! We had a meeting in the morning with the Branch President. He is from Kaysville Utah, and he is living here in the embassy. We then had church. A total of 9 members…whoo! So different than Utah. I had to give a talk and translate for myself. So I just gave two of the same talk, in two languages! Church is only two hours long. Afterwords President Grant brought over the rest of my luggage, that I left in Zagreb to fly, and we went home. We made hamburgers for lunch, then contacted till dinner. Well…we mainly contacted the rest of the night. 
IM WITH ELDER SHEESLEY AGAIN….but just for the next week, next transfer I do get a new companion…but this week will be great! 
view from the apartment, quite different from the last one!
A bit about Sarajevo:
Muslims everywhere….they have mosques here like they have lds churches in Utah. Every corner in the whole city. They do this thing called the call to prayer, where they sing in Arabic over loud speakers to the whole city, signaling that it is prayer time. It is super cool sounding. The city is still SUPER war torn, buildings just lined with bullet holes, it is cool!
I love it here! This is more what I expected this mission to be like actually. And now I am speaking a different language again….great.
The city townhall, used to be the archives until it was completely destroyed.
I love you all! Thank you all for everything! You all mean the world to me!
Elder Bowles 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s